SiliconDust IPTV service(Premium Live Tv)
Last Updated on by
What is Silicon Dust LiveTv?
Currently, there are only a few services that I consider fully legit when it comes to IPTV. I am in the process of testing SiliconDust (SD) this week. Since I have a SiliconDust PRIME 3 tuner I hope it will work. To be clear, SD requires a physical SD tuner such as the PRIME, CONNECT or EXTEND model to be connected to your network to get live tv. For more info, see their website here.
What happened so far.
- Purchased PRIME 3 version of SD PRIME model years ago
- Upgraded firmware using PC version of SD firmware update downloaded from here.
- Registered for a free trial offer.
- Linked PRIME to Live TV using email provided by SD.
- Installed the Windows 10 HDHomeRun app.
- Opened the app and get an error.
- Opened a forum article on below error.
- So the response was I have to have a different HDHomeRun device. Only Connect, Extend devices work with Premium Live TV support. Note: None of the Prime devices support the Premium Live TV option.
Overall, I will update when I get a device working.
So, the long and short of it is I have the wrong device. With that info, I will have to purchase a new device which supports the premium Live TV option. Probably, the connect; or, the Extend. I am going to get one off eBay for as cheap as possible and then I will update this blog with the results.
I got my new device
Well, I ordered it of EBay and received it today. It connected to network; and then I looked at the Model: HDHR3-US and the Title of the device is HDHomeRun DUAL. Nope, that is not going to do it! Damit! I ordered the wrong device! It has to be a Connect or Extend. Well, that just sucks! So, my advice to anyone looking into this option. Make sure any device you are purchasing states CONNECT or EXTEND!!! Sorry, I still do not have SD working as a provider. That is, my device is too old! No wonder they were selling it on EBay!